Zubax Robotics Accessory
Item: Zubax Myxa is a high-end PMSM FOC motor controller (FOC ESC) for light unmanned aircraft and watercraft. Myxa is designed for use in propulsion systems of light unmanned aerial, underwater, and surface vehicles. The controller provides up to 600 W of continuous power output and supports a wide range of operating voltages from 12 to 50 V (Li-Ion 4–12 S). Myxa is a high-end FOC ESC based on the Télega motor control technology. The Zubax Myxa series ESCs provide leading edge power efficiency versus conventional ESC technology (up to 15%).
- Single Supply Voltage: 12-50 V (Li-Ion 4-12 S)
- Maximum Continuous Power: 600 Watts
- Maximum Continuous Current: 30A (50A Peak)
- Power wires include 3.5mm male bullet connectors
- Motor wires include 3.5mm female bullet connector
- Rich set of communication interfaces: CAN bus interface (connectors are compatible with UAVCAN and the Dronecode Autopilot Connector Standard). Myxa B offers a doubly-redundant CAN bus interface for mission-critical applications.
- UART interface for control, management, and telemetry.
- USB interface for control, management, and telemetry; driverless compatibility with GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac OS X. The connector type is USB Micro-B.
- Industry-standard RC PWM input allows for connectivity to virtually any common device (requires RC PWM adapter cable if you do not have UAVCAN-compatible equipment)
- 5V BEC (battery elimination circuit) power output (Myxa B only)
- Optional motor temperature measurement
- Connectors compatible with the Dronecode Autopilot Connector Standard
Reference Zubax Myxa Power Chart
Power source: Common Lithium-Polymer Battery
LIPO Battery No. Cells
Assumed LIPO Max. Supply Voltage
Max. Recommended Continuous Current (A) **Requires heat sink
Myxa Configuration Options
|Number of CAN bus interfaces||1 (non-redundant)||2 (doubly redundant)|
|BEC Power Output||None||5V, 0.2A (can be disabled)|
|Enclosure Options with Mass & Dimensions|
-Bare Board: 26 g, 55x35x19mm
-Polyolefin Envelope: 27 g, 55x36x20mm
-Plastic Enclosure: 41 g, 59x40x26mm
-Aluminum Heat Sink Enclosure: 81 g, 58x39x30mm
-Bare Board: 27 g, 55x35x20mm
-Polyolefin Envelope: 28 g, 55x36x21mm
-Plastic Enclosure: 42 g, 59x40x26mm
-Aluminum Heat Sink Enclosure: 82 g, 58x39x30mm
Devices which are known to support UAVCAN peripherals:
• Pixhawk Autopilot Series (both PX4 and APM firmware): Pixhawk, Pixhawk 2, Pixhawk 3 Pro, Pixracer
• Intel Aero
For more information about this item, feel free to visit the Zubax website: https://zubax.com/products/myxa
For more information about Télega technology, feel free to visit the Zubax website: https://zubax.com/technologies/telega
As featured in sUAS news: https://www.suasnews.com/2018/05/zubax-myxa-revolutionary-motor-controller-technology-boasts-10-15-power-efficiency-advanced-foc-speed-controller-for-uavs-and-unmanned-watercraft/
- Micro UAVCAN Patch Cable (JST GH to JST GH)
- UAVCAN Micro to DF13 Adapter Cable
- UAVCAN Micro Termination Plug (JST GH Version)
Please contact us for pricing and availability on other Zubax Robotics items!
Notice to Pixhawk Users Who Use PX4 Firmware (this does not apply to APM users): We have been made aware that CAN support on the original Pixhawk autopilot (FMUv2) has become limited due to the overwhelming migration of the PX4 development community to the Pixhawk 2 autopilot (FMUv3). If you intend to use this Zubax product on the original Pixhawk (FMUv2), feel free to obtain PX4 firmware release v1.4.4 from GitHub (click here) to achieve CAN functionality. Note that there might be other PX4 firmware editions that provide CAN compatibility and the one provided has been done by courtesy only. It is the responsibility of the end user to test and use open source autopilot firmware at their own discretion.