Designed by: Zubax Robotics (www.Zubax.com)
Applications: Custom Embedded GIS Solutions & Autonomous UAV / Drone Position Receiver
Description: The Zubax GNSS 2 receiver is a very high performance GPS + GLONASS concurrent receiver with integrated Barometer and Compass. It is an open-source receiver meant for users that have sensitive position requirements (commercial users; use in semi-urbancanopy environments; use in situations where the least amount of GPS drift is desired). The Zubax GNSS 2 receiver is designed for a professional user that requires RF shielding for use in systems with nearby electronics.
Devices which are known to support UAVCAN peripherals:
• Pixhawk Autopilot Series (both PX4 and APM firmware): Pixhawk, Pixhawk 2, Pixhawk 3 Pro, Pixracer
• Intel Aero
• Weight (without connected peripherals): 43 grams
• Size: 55 x 55 x 14 millimeters
• Interface: Double-redundant UAVCAN (this version has the JST GH Connector type)
• GPS Module: Ublox MAX-M8Q
• Onboard components: Barometric Pressure Sensor, Super Capacitor, 3-Axis Honeywell Magnetometer
• Channels: 72
• Satellite Systems: GPS / QZSSL1, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B1 (uses the two most visible networks based on number of satellites in view). Additionally uses SBAS: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS. This GNSS receiver has the capacity to achieve world wide coverage.
• Navigation Sensitivity: -167dBm
• Horizontal Position Accuracy: 2 Meters CEP (or better)
• Vertical Position Accuracy: 10 cm
• Acquisition Time (seconds): Cold – 26; Aided Start – 2; Reacquisition – 1 (note that the on-board supercapacitor enables such as fast start time)
Zubax Product Page: https://zubax.com/products/gnss_2
Comparison to alternative receivers:
• Position Accuracy - 1-2 meters commonly observed versus industry standard of 2-5 meters (actual accuracy depends on your environment)
• Superior Drift Performance –Dramatically better horizontal drift versus conventional GNSS receivers especially in areas with urban or suburban canopy (buildings, tree coverage, or other obstructions) making it an ideal choice for commercial applications
• Incredible Number of Satellites Used – Compared with 3DR GPS modules (Lea-6H), the Zubax GNSS 2 can utilize more than twice the amount of visible satellites meaning that you’ll observe significantly improved position accuracy
Suggested accessories (contact us for details or visit our store):
• Elevation Mast / Mounting Pole
• Protective Housing
• Connectivity Cables (Example: The Pixhawk autopilot requires a DF13 cable whereas the Pixhawk 2 requires a JST GH cable)
• Standalone Barometer Cover (if you don't intend to use the protective housing)
• Micro Termination Plug (required for use with most systems including the Pixhawk autopilot series)
Please contact us for volume pricing and related accessories!
1. If using this for applications involving autonomous aerial vehicles, the end user must know and follow all local, state and federal laws. This product is intended to be used lawfully.
2. The specifications stated here have been retrieved from publicly available manufacturer’s data sheets. Actual performance may vary depending on your application and environment.
Video: Zubax GNSS 2 versus 3DR GPS in a suburban environment
Notice to Pixhawk Users Who Use PX4 Firmware (this does not apply to APM users): We have been made aware that CAN support on the original Pixhawk autopilot (FMUv2) has become limited due to the overwhelming migration of the PX4 development community to the Pixhawk 2 autopilot (FMUv3). If you intend to use this Zubax product on the original Pixhawk (FMUv2), feel free to obtain PX4 firmware release v1.4.4 from GitHub (click here) to achieve CAN functionality. Note that there might be other PX4 firmware editions that provide CAN compatibility and the one provided has been done by courtesy only. It is the responsibility of the end user to test and use open source autopilot firmware at their own discretion.